Friday, July 30, 2004

Change is afoot

I wonder if there's a way to change the default so that I always type in Arial?

Change is afoot. It looks like Trey will get an apartment in Colorado Springs once he finishes work in Pueblo, and there should be enough work there so that if we move there we will be a family together most of the time. Which means we'll probably move there sometime down the road, and in the meantime Zoey and I will be splitting time between Houston and Co. Springs. Unfortunately, that'll mean a lot of air travel, which I hate.

It's weird, when I was younger, I loved airplanes and airports. They symbolized adventure. I used to travel a lot before I "settled down." But ever since I had that panic attack on the flight home from France in '94, planes have made me nervous. It was just too real in my head, the feeling of sudden death and helplessness (all imagined, of course). I must have spent a good five hours with my heart jumping into my throat, staring blankly out the window at the clouds, a white knuckle grip on my book. Now, the thought of flying scares me.

But I will deal. The last thing I want is for my irrational fear to infect my daughter. It'll be nerve-wracking enough to get on a plane with an 18-month-old without adding extra anxiety into the mix.

In the meantime, I have a baby shower to host. The party goes down September 4, so I have a little over a month to get my house in presentable shape. Fortunately, as a "stay-at-home" mom, I'll at least have a little time to do some work (as long as my dad takes the baby). I wonder if I can get the dishwasher installed before then? That would make things much better. Besides, it'll add to the appeal of the kitchen, when we get around to selling the house. The question then becomes, are we willing to spend about $600-700 to do it?

I still wish there was a spell check...oh, wait! There is one!

Mari

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home