Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Sick House Update

We are still sick, though now at a different level of sick. Zoey’s on antibiotics for sinusitis. Her cough never went away and her nose still runs, though she’s definitely in much better spirits. Trey actually got the flu and was immobilized on the couch for two days, feeling like he’d been hit by a truck. I stuck with the Dayquil and pretty much stayed operable, but very tired, and now my throat feels fine but I have a persistent cough that I can’t shake. This morning I feel clammy. If I develop fever now, it probably means I too have a secondary infection and will need to go on antibiotics. I haven’t taken those in decades.

The fact that I can claim “decades” frightens me. Not because of the antibiotics, because it entails over 20 years. And while it is probably an exaggeration, it isn’t really that much of one. I mean, yikes, my 20-year reunion is this year. (This also frightens me.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home