Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Now I got a month of waiting to do

Now that I've accepted the idea of getting out of Houston, I find I'm really looking forward to it. I hadn't noticed how stale things had become her.

Okay that's not quite true. It's been rather obvious that there was nothing left for me here, especially after my job ended in May. Walking by pictures in my house, of me and my friends, it was hard not to notice that they had all already left town. On Saturday, at B and P's going away party, the roof caved in and I could no longer notice I was standing alone. I actually left the party crying after saying goodbye. Part of the sadness was seeing Zoey chase after a man who kind of looked like Trey. He walked past us toward the food, and she got real excited and started yelling "dada! dada!" and pointing and started running after him. I felt embarrassed and tried to keep him from noticing this little girl who had come to stand right next to him with her arms up, wanting to be held. I wanted to burst out into tears right there. It's not good for us to be so far apart. It's really not good for her.

And so now I can't wait to go to Colorado. But I have a month to wait, at least a month, and I have to remember to be patient. Besides, I'm putting on a baby shower for my friend Susan, and she deserves a really good shower. But aside from that distraction, I must just wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home