Monday, February 27, 2006

Been Awhile....



So, I thought I'd start out with some must see ZoeyTV. It's called "Tomorrow," and, well, you're just going to have to click on the picture to see why. (If you are a Mac user, here's the quick time link.) Then I'd follow up with a dry, itemized list of what all we've been up to these last few months.

The holidays were good. We actually got to spend a leisurely Christmas morning with just the three of us in Austin. In the afternoon, we went to our friends Steph and Paul to have Christmas dinner. Zoey likes presents.

We moved out of our little aptartment into a much bigger house in far northwest Austin. I looked for two months for a suitable house closer in town, but never came across something that would work. They were either in bad shape, or they were too much money, or they didn't want cats. So, as we were closing in on our move-out day, I expanded my search and found a nice little 3/2 that backs up to a big park. It hadn't been updated, so it was under $1000, and was absolutely filthy when I looked at it, but I really like the layout and the quiet neighborhood. Of course, once I put in our application, a nice lady with a cute 2/1 in Crestview called to offer me her house (she had been iffy about the cats). Oh well. I'ts for the best, because even though it's not the neighborhood I wanted, it's a neighborhood I like, and it's bigger and has a dishwasher. So there. For the record, we are still in Austin's Travis County (but just barely). I'll send a separate email out with the new address. Eventually.

Zoey just had her third birthday. Hard to believe. She can do so much now, but you know it's really hard to tell how far she's come unless you are able to look back at where she was a year ago, because the change is so gradual, and you get a little lost in the daily dramas to notice. I just spent a few minutes looking at video from her second birthday and was amazed at how well she talked then, and how far she's come.

Potty training sucks! We started cold turkey yesterday, and even though I know she knows what to do and basically when to do it, she resisted the whole day. What a long, messy day. Today she has school, and hopefully her teacher will have more luck. I'm afraid to call and check up on her. I want to. I should. But I haven't yet.

5 Comments:

Blogger Found in the Alley said...

Boy I tell ya. She's got a throat. And do you see the way she looks at the camera? A natural AND I think she gets the philosophical part of it too. Willie's "Three Days" has got to be next.

clap clap clap clap clap

7:19 PM  
Blogger Mari said...

Thanks, Kilian! Sometimes she's even dead-on key:-) Right now, we watch Annie all the time. Her teacher gave her the DVD for her birthday and now we can just skip to the songs she wants to hear.

Heh heh, I'll get her working on "three days." I could use a copy of the song...anyone? anyone?

1:01 PM  
Blogger Found in the Alley said...

I'll see if I can dig up a copy. I've got tons of Willie albums but I don't recall it being on any of them ALTHOUGH I know I have an L7 version =)

churchbus watched "Tommorrow" together. holding hands. okay not holding hands but grinning and giggling a little.

10:49 PM  
Blogger bb said...

it had me singing tomorrow for the rest of the day!

12:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, she really winged that in the middle of the song and then finished it off with a bang! So glad you guys moved to Austin rather than somewhere farther. Have friends in Austin and I hope to visit sometime this Summer. Missed ya on the last visit, Trey. Great site! So many sites like these are boring, but this one is very good. Okay, now I'm being boring. Great stuff Zoey!

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home