Wednesday, October 18, 2006

More Zoey outfit pics

Because I can...










I think she's getting the hang of it. She looks pretty sharp in some of those pictures, IMHO.

Yesterday we went to this inflatable playground in Cedar Park. It's in a big mall, right next to the Sear's, and on Tuesdays it's 1/2 price and not full of bigger kids. Z had a blast (she loves to jump). It was fun for me, too, as we met another mom and her two kids and she and I enjoyed the adult conversation mixed in with all the, "Can you see them?" "where're the girls?" "hang on, I've got to follow Henry." etc. After she left, though, I was left to my own devices in the place, sort of meandering among the giant inflatables following zoey around and checking out the scene in a bored housewifey kind of way. Now that I had some time to actually look around the place, I was struck by all the pro-god stuff they had lying about and on the walls. Like, lots of church pamphlets, cutsey pics of illustrated kids with "thank God for..." sayings next to them ("thank god for friends" etc), and most creepily, the entire Left Behind series available for the bored moms (or non-mom caretakers) to read whilst the kids romp around. Hind sight being perfect and all, I really wish now I had taken a pic of the books lined up. In any case, I started looking at all the other moms there with just a tad more suspicion than normal. I saw a group sitting around a table, normal enough looking, maybe too normal...They must be rapture waiting fundies for sure.

And then I realized I probably looked a lot like them. Which made me a little bit sad, and contemplating hair dye. Sigh.

Oh, and I'm trying to do stuff with this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home