Saturday, January 13, 2007

It's one of those cold, gray days that we don't usually get in Texas. 40 degrees, rainy, ice and possibly snow in the forecast. There was flooding in the morning due to all the rain. My sister's in town and we went to Ikea just to get out of the house; it was packed. The funniest part about it was all the people who, like my sister, were completely unprepared for the cold weather. Lots of thin hoodies and shocked faces in the crowd.

I'm working on the video for Zoey's first dance/gymnastics recital. It's probably going to take me a little while to get it together, but I did want to report that Zoey absolutely stole the show. And I'm not just saying that because she's my kid. (Okay, maybe I am, I don't know.) She had enthusiasm beaming out of her pores, and wasn't the least bit affected by stage fright. Rather, she seemed to eat up the attention and spit out smiles. Except for when she got distracted by the big mirror to the left of the stage, because she also seemed pretty enamored of her own reflection dancing in her recital. It was all just too adorable.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're right...look at that face! she'll be right up at the mic one day, just like her momma.

i have serious ikea envy. the closest ikea to us is over 1,000 miles. *sniff*

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home