Sunday, December 19, 2004

We’ve not been up to much these days except Christmas shopping. Well, I’ve been shopping, mostly leaving Zoey with my parents. She has been with me enough this holiday season, however, to learn the word and the concept. Now, she asks with that little upturn in her voice, “Shopping? Go shopping?” Even worse, while strolling her around Circuit City, she kept pointing to her left and to her right (but at nothing in particular) and saying, “Want that. Want that. Want that.” Hmmm. This could be bad. She’s already got a shoe fetish….

One of the benefits of not having a job: no December weekend shopping. We went down to Galveston today passing two malls and a Fry’s store along the way. The cars were lined up to the curb, and this is Houston with its huge parking lots. Frightening. I do still have a couple of gifts to get. Well, actually, they’re not my gifts. I have to buy a couple of gifts for my father to give. I suppose it’s the price I pay for the free babysitting.

Hopefully we'll get our tree today, and will get to see if Zoey can resist the ornaments. I'm thinking, no. After all, they're round and look like balls, which Zoey loves. So actually, I'm thinking I'll just trim the top half of the tree. You do what you must.

I've spoken with Susan a couple of times, and it sounds like she's doing well. There's not much sleeping and some pain, but that's just how it is in the first couple of weeks. She's tough, and she'll be a pro in a month. She also sounds really happy. I'm very impressed with the fact that she had a natural childbirth. Hopefully she or Allan will get some pictures to us soon. What a great Christmas present for them.


Zoey's current fascination is "bubbles," so we've been going outside and blowing a lot of bubbles. I've been blowing the bubbles--last time I let her have the wand she put it in her mouth. The expression on her face at the taste was priceless, but did she learn from that experience? We'll see (I haven't let her have the wand again). She also takes bubble baths, and wants to help me do the dishes. There are lots of bubbles in the photo, but it was taken at dusk with a long exposure so they are camoflauged.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home