Saturday, November 06, 2004

Mommy smells like an ashtray

It's true. One evening out at Rudz and I reek. Oh well, it's a small price to pay for being sociable, like, with adults. Another plus, I went with Trey! It was like a date (sigh!).

Rudz was fun, as it always is, and I saw a lot of people I hadn't seen in awhile. It was almost like old times, with one eye on the person I'm talking to and the other scanning the room. I suppose most of them still go to Rudz on occasion, but I hadn't been there in about six months so I was the victim of a few double takes. I had a nice long conversation with Joe and Jo, who will hopefully come and visit Zoey and me soon.

I feel like I'm struggling for words here. I guess I don't really have that much to say about the night. I do wish they'd pass one of those no smoking in bars laws here, but I'm sure my smoking friends would utterly disagree. I would have sworn I'd never say such a thing three years ago, when I smoked a pack-a-day myself, but even then, I'd come home smelling like a chimney.

I missed my girlfriends. Susan, Tricia, Bethany and Theresa...these are the people I would hang out with and talk to at the bar. They've all scattered. It's just not the same.

1 Comments:

Blogger Found in the Alley said...

ouch

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home