Tuesday, February 13, 2007

i'm a techie autodidact

Well, not just a techie one. Lately I've been filling my limited Me time with various online tutorials, you know, to get some skillz. (Girls got to have skillz, ya know?) I'm trying to teach myself CSS, so that I can create more websites, maybe some for some blogs or something, who knows. Also, I've updated a couple of myspace sites: one for Trey's work (http://www.myspace.com/dentworksofaustin) and one for sad like crazy (www.myspace.com/sadlikecrazy). (Just cancelled the slc account so I can set up a musician account with them. duh. feeling stupid.) So you can go check them out. They're both pretty basic at this time, tho I do plan to upload some songs onto the slc site. Of course, the customization of the myspace sites require CSS knowledge. Well, let me clarify that: it requires absolutely no real knowledge besides knowing how to copy and paste and follow directions from the myriad of sites available out there. Seriously, there's apparently a great need currently for glittery text. It's hot. I thought about using some for Trey's site, but nah. What I mean by requiring knowledge is if you happen to want to actually know how to do things yourself, you know, go beyond the cut and paste route. But that's not why I'm studying CSS. I just think it's a good thing to know. Like Flash, which I took a class on, but haven't yet had much of a chance to work much with it.

Yep, still scatterbrained. Still completionally challenged. Still wanting about 6 pots on the stove at the same time. Oh well.

Oh, and I also learned how to make animated gifs. Those were pretty easy, tho time consuming. Below is my masterpiece:



Z's doing fine, tho she's still snot-nosed and coughie. Hopefully she'll get better soon, and then NEVER BE SICK AGAIN!

1 Comments:

Blogger bb said...

myspace says trey is single! whoo hoo, girls!

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home