Thursday, February 01, 2007

Interesting, Real Fact

From this site, I stumbled upon this "interesting, real fact": The average four year-old child asks over four hundred questions a day.

This fact is interesting. And it is very, very real. I don't know when it started, but oh my god the questions. They are constant, and not usually about something deep or important, like, "why is the sky blue?" or "what happens when we die?" No, these constant questions tend to be things like, "did you think I didn't want to get up?" "What's Bean doing?" I'm really sorry, but right now I'm just blanking on her questions. But whatever they are, they're prosaic and redundant. Zoey's friend Aidan's mommy put it best, "It's not the questions themselves; it's that they're the same questions over and over and over."

Have you seen that Volvo commercial? The one where the little girl is getting strapped in by her dad and she's talking and talking and talking? That's Zoey. I don't even know what she's saying sometimes, okay, and sometimes I stop listening (because hey, it's not like she's telling me something important or anything). But then I'll suddenly tune in when she bursts out with some random bizarre phrase. Which I also can't remember any of right now. I know, total letdown.

On completely unrelated news, Trey's about to run a Dentworks commercial in Austin. It's pretty clever, and I've linked it below.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home