Saturday, June 09, 2007


About two weeks ago, my dad was in town and bought Z a life-size mylar Dora Balloon who's been hanging around the house ever since. Of course, as balloons do, she's been slowly leaking air (er, I mean, Helium), and though she used to soar to the top of the 20-foot ceiling in our dining room, she now just floats at about Zoey eye level. Which means, her feet touch the floor, but her head still has enough helium to keep her upright. This is weird, kids. I mean, I turn around and think, oh! Who's that? It's like we have a silent, skinny, giant-headed ghost hanging out in the house. She'll slowly float upstairs, or hang out by the window, looking like a little person. Don't let the picture (and your regular knowledge of normal balloon behavior) fool you--Zoey is not holding Dora down.

Last week, when she was still in the 7-8 foot float range (I'm talking about Dora), Zoey developed a cute little game. I was finishing up my shower, when I heard her say outside the bathroom door, "Dora, ya wanna fly?" Then, (crinkle crinkle), "Okay, FLY!" Silence.



Then I hear this strange sound, ka-thunk ka-thunk ka-thunk, "Mommy look (giggle guffaw)! Dora's flying!"

I wander into our bedroom and find Dora, flying. Kind of. Instead of describing it to you, I will use the animated gif format:








2 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Dora is lucky to still be alive!!! We've lost a few balloons (and nearly burned out a ceiling fan) with the combination of the two. -- E

4:54 PM  
Blogger Found in the Alley said...

Too good!

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home