Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Some good things about Pueblo

I had these thoughts while I took Zoey for a walk around our neighborhood, because there are some pleasant things in this town. Like the well-kept Victorian houses that line Elizabeth St, which is only two blocks for our apartment--a truly picturesque little street. Sometimes, when the wind blows in the right direction (and you're next to a bush) you get a wonderful burst of Juniper. It's a surprising scent to someone from Houston, so green. And when you crest a hill and off in the distance you see the mountains...that's a neat vision. Yesterday, after Zoey and I went for a hike in the Nature Conservancy (like the arboretum, but near a river) we drove up toward 50 and I saw Pikes Peak in the distance. Sarah and I had driven to the top (okay, actually I drove to the top) the first week I was here, but as of last weekend it's now covered in snow.

I'll try and think of more nice things about Pueblo. There are more, I'm sure of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home